Friday, February 2, 2007

Thing #15... Web 2.0

First, let me tell you, Friday afternoon is not the time to try and read a screen full of text. I actually read 3.5 of the 5 links, but started getting too drowsy. Not because of the content, but because the week is almost done and my mind did not want to let my eyes read anymore. Of the ones I did read, I liked the first one the best. I could relate to what he said, esp the part about the "Just in case" collections. To me, the reference collections are a 'Just in case" collection. Much of what is there can be found online, yet we continue to keep them on our shelves. This is especially frustrating in branches were space is a premium (yes, even in the new branches, space still matters).

So what do Web 2.0 and Learning 2.0 mean to me? So far, it has been an opportunity to learn some technology that I had previously been afraid to use and it has also created yet more for me to read in the form of blogs (I have become addicted to a few blogs). Bloglines has become a second library for me to read in additon to the books I find and the stuff TiVo has waiting for me.

No comments: